From Boyhood to manhood, a man evolves into different roles. From Son to Husband and then to father and finally grandfather.
The shortest and fastest transition happens from Husband to Father. Especially in India where most couples have a first child within the first 24 months after marriage.
A prepared husband makes this transition faster. It’s advisable for husbands to find a variety of advice to help them with the transition.
The most common mistake that most men do is take advice from peers who just started their fatherhood a year or 2 before them. Remember they are also on a journey of discovery! You can take hints, but not advice.
What if there is a book which has been around for 20 years and has been constantly updated for new generations? Such books will be of great help.
Listing 3 such books for Wannabe Fathers.
This book has been around for 20 years now.
- It’s been regularly updated to keep up with the 21st-century realities.
- The book is generic and covers wide topics across emotional, physical and social expectations.
- Financial requirements and preparedness.
It will help you get into the mindset and set base expectations as a husband and wannabe father.
2. From Dude To Dad: The Diaper Dude Guide To Pregnancy
- When Brad Pitt refers to a book for preparing towards fatherhood. It must be a good book 😉
- This book has been endorsed by the author of “what to Expect”
- A light read but gives good insights into Pregnancy, doctor visits, birthing process and much more.
- Good Reads
- Another dude book by another dude
- Provides good insights into common mistakes
- Some good advice on how to be strong and assertive in some aspects
About Wannabe Parents
At Wannabe Parents, we are laser-focused on helping wannabe parents put together a personal plan for pregnancy that covers the 5 Pillars of Pregnancy Planning. This is the first time such a program is offered in India. For the convenience of couples, it is offered online in the format of Live Workshops with sessions conducted by experts in their fields spanning across Doctors, Working Mothers, Financial Planners and much more. Do join us for the weekend free Webinars by registering here